Pages

3/23/10

Helpful Checklists.

I am a girl that LOVES checklists. I always have. I make a checklist for most everything – just to keep me on track and focused on the projects I am working on. I never have just one project either.

I have moved many times in my life. Most of those moves were relatively simple. I could throw my stuff in boxes, pick up, move and set back up in a few days. Now that I have a family EVERYTHING is different.

I am not just moving myself I have Paul and Joe as well. And since we can’t just pause life so that we may move our home- life has to continue as normal as possible. It is a definite challenge but with help is totally manageable.

While the move was sort of a sudden one, these lists have been been helpful.

Start with this moving timeline. 

I started by going through all the little nooks and crannies and getting rid of all things that haven’t been used or looked at in the last year.  I’ve noted those who can help with moving and color coordinated the rooms and labeling system.

                         002

Each post-it is labeled according to the color of the sign for the room. This is to help whomever is helping us move know where to put boxes when they bring them in.

These Tips for successful packing are great to help keep you organized while the whirlwind of moving unfolds around you.

So far so good.

I am utilizing local grocery and goods stores for boxes. Often if you call in the A.M. they are willing to set aside their boxes for the day for you. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails